Capturing my thoughts

24th May 2007
..::Back from Nanjing, China(Part 1)::..


Yeah, exams are over and I'm busy with some fundraising activity right after that, went to Nanjing and back and here I am!

It was a great trip and I learn lots from the students, teachers and Principals from both schools. Oh yeah, most of you must be wondering what I'm blabbering about...

Well, Glory to God, I was given an opportunity to join Presbyterian High School to a trip in China, to Nanjing's Xingzhi Primary School (www.njxzy.cn). How was I affiliated to PHS??? Not in any ways! I've only been serving for Dr Tan at PHS last year for a Befriender's program and to volunteer to help in its fund-raising this year. God is good! And I feel very much like a family member with them during the trip...if only I was from PHS...opps...

Well, like what Linda always says, God is really God, from pre-trip to post-trip, we've seen how God provided for us financially and protected us during the trip. It was amazing! There are so many cultutre shocks, testimonies, interesting events that happened in the 8-day trip. I can't and won't possibly write them all here, I'll let the pics to the talking.


Xing Zhi Primary School, our destination. The school is named after Dr Tao Xing Zhi.


This is their canteen tables and chairs...very creative of saving space.


Behind us is the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Museum, over 300 steps to our destination...of course, I made it up there :)


Ooops, the focus of the photo is not the man! What are you thinking...look at the signboard behind him...their version of 7-eleven.


Tourists' Attraction - Fu Zi Temple. It's not a place of worship but a shopping paradise! It's actually like our Chinatown, where the things are really cheap, of course, you need to know how to bargain too!


PHS students having a time of interaction with Xing Zhi Primary School's kids through a time of story-telling! Great job!


The kids eagerly queuing up to play hop-scotch, one of the 5 game stations PHS students prepared for them.


We went to this tourists' attraction called "Pearl Spring" where bubbles of water can be seen bubbling out from the rocks in the lake whenever loud noises is made e.g. clapping of hands, cheering...interesting eh! Anyway, here's just one of the signboards in the park...you know what I'm thinking!

2:19 PM